The Mystery Blogger Award was created by Okoto Enigma. It’s “an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging and they do it with so much love and passion.”
First, a big thank you to Mei-Mei for nominating me! If you haven’t seen her blog, go check out JedibyKnight!
Here are the guidelines for the Mystery Blogger Award:
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people Most people seem to like the much-more-manageable 5 nominations 🙂
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post(s)
Three Things about Me
- I love to stay active – I’m a big fan of skiing, ice skating, and roller skating.
- My extended family is close-knit and I love getting together with them, from touring museums to enjoying a picnic on the banks of a river 🙂 .
- In case you didn’t already know I’m a nerd, I like the number pi! I’ve memorized the first fifty digits or so.
I thought a lot about what makes a good post. Is it the number of views? The number of comments? Or of likes? I decided to choose one I had the most fun creating: You can’t stop the … Zeugma! I really enjoyed putting this post together – it combines my interest in music and language.
Questions from Mei-Mei
1. What’s the most recent game you’ve played? Could be a board game, video game, etc.
I played The Lord of the Rings Trivial Pursuit. It’s one of my favorite board games!
2. What’s your favorite Star Wars movie and why? (If you say one of the prequels, I reserve the right to unfollow you ~_^ KIDDING)
It’s so hard to choose only one! I’ll have to pick Return of the Jedi as my favorite. I love how there are different threads running through it, and they all come together in the end 🙂 .
3. Do you have any goals for reading this year?
I can’t say I have any specific reading goals for this year. I know I’m going to be reading a lot – as much as I can! – and I can’t wait to discover some new stories!
4. If you had a superpower, what would it be?
Who doesn’t want a superpower?! I’d love to be able to teleport. Goodbye to my commute! I think this would be great for traveling – I would never get seasick again!
I used to think (particularly after watching The Incredibles) that invisibility was my ideal superpower, but really, what would I do when I’m invisible? Unless I became a secret agent, invisibility seems a little too much like mindreading to me, which always feels… sneaky?
I’ll admit that flying is a very close second for me – just imagine the sights! But there’s a lot more to think about with flying. Even in the world of fantasy, superpowers always seem to come with their own unique drawbacks. And I could get hit by a plane 🙂 .
5. Going off my answer to #5 above, I’ll give you a choice for the fun/weird one:
- What animal would your Patronus be? or
- What animal would your daemon settle as?
This question is tricky! I’d love to know what my Patronus/daemon would “really” be… but until that happens, I’m just going to imagine my top choice.
Patronus: The black-coated Friesian horse, which sometimes has a white star on its forehead. Originating in the Netherlands, the powerful Friesian was considered an ideal warhorse in Europe. Intelligent, willing, and known for its high-stepping trot, the Friesian horse would be my ideal animal guardian.
Okay, it’s time for nominations! These bloggers all have great posts that are worth checking out:
- Fueled by Oats
- My Love for Jane Austen
- More Agreeably Engaged
- Louisa May Alcott is My Passion
- My Jane Austen Book Club
Mystery Award Bloggers, here are your five questions:
- What do you like best about blogging?
- Do you have a favorite quote, mantra, or pithy saying?
- There’s been a recent influx of video blogs, or vlogs, portraying literary adaptations. What book/story or concept would you like to see portrayed? (Or pick your own modern medium!)
- What’s your favorite time of year?
- Fun question: If you could go anywhere (real or imaginary!), where would you visit? And would you want to stay there permanently?